Category(ies)Colloquium Professional Learning
The AISACT 2017 Colloquium will provide an opportunity for educators from across the ACT Education Community to challenge, reflect, affirm and question what it means to improve student engagement; at the same time sharing, inspiring and motivating colleagues through professional conversation and reflecting on presentations by leading edge speakers.
To receive regular updates including information about registration, workshop presentations and the program click here.
Date: Thursday 24th August 2017
Time: 8:30am – 3:30pm
Venue: Vibe Hotel, Canberra Airport
Cost: $120 inc. GST
Registrations open: 14th June 2017
Registrations close: 10th August 2017
To register please download and complete the registration form and submit to email@example.com
Outline of the day
|8:00am – 8:30am||Registrations|
|8:30am – 9:00am||Welcome|
|9:00am – 10:40am||Keynote presentations|
|10:45am – 11:05am||Morning Tea|
|11:05am – 12:05pm||Workshops – session 1|
|12:05pm – 1:05pm||Workshops – session 2|
|1:05pm – 1:35pm||Lunch|
|1:35pm – 2:40pm||Keynote presentations|
|2:45pm – 3:15pm||Panel|
|3:15pm – 3:30pm||Closing Remarks|
|Emeritus Professor Patrick Griffin||Claire Madden||Jo Dane|
|Director, Assessment Research Centre||Founder and Director||Principal, Education Science and Health|
|University of Melbourne||Hello Clarity||Woods Bagot|
|Keynote Presentation Synopsis||Keynote Presentation Synopsis||Keynote Presentation Synopsis|
|Dr Tanya Vaughan||Adjunct Professor Mike Gaffney||Fiona Forbes|
|Association Director||Adjunct Professor of Education||Director, Leading Learning 4 All|
|Evidence for Learning at Social Ventures Australia||University of Canberra||Australian Special Education Principals' Association|
|Workshop Presentation Synopsis||Workshop Presentation Synopsis||Workshop Presentation Synopsis|
|Antoniette Gomez||Leonard Weiss|
|Deputy CEO||Composer, Conductor and Performer|
|Yellow Edge||ANU and Canberra Grammar School|
|Workshop Presentation Synopsis||Workshop Presentation Synopsis|
Readings for the Colloquium
AITSL and Evidence for Learning have partnered to produce Feedback implementation materials:
- A Spotlight research summary – reframing feedback to improve teaching and learning to help you understand the underpinning research on effective feedback.
- Written and video case studies that profile effective implementation of feedback within Australian schools.
- Implementation resources, such as a readiness check, planning overview and an introductory presentation, to help schools introduce an effective feedback strategy.
- Evaluation resources, including evaluating impact that provides examples of data sources and what that data might tell you. As well as a feedback evaluation questionnaire to measure, for example, effective professional learning experiences and knowledge and skills in the implementation of providing feedback to students.
- Tackling the ‘learning styles’ myth
The AISACT 2017 Colloquium is proudly supported by