AISACT has engaged the services of AIM to develop a program targeted at Member schools middle management group in response to an identified need by Member schools through a variety of channels including the annual Member survey.
The program has been developed in line with the recent report ‘Preparing future leaders’ released by the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL). Within this report, AITSL highlights that ‘a repertoire of skills and the confidence and acumen to deploy those skills with impact’ is required for effective school leadership at all levels of
The report clearly outlines three core skill areas:
- The development of deep and comprehensive pedagogical knowledge as the foundation for strong
- The development of many higher-order and interpersonal skills such as strategic thinking, change leadership,
emotional and social intelligence; and
- The development of management skills.
Within these core skill areas, emphasis has been placed on the following areas:
- Staff management and performance management;
- Handling difficult conversations;
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence;
- Stakeholder management; and
- Managing budgets and finances.
*This program is exclusively for AISACT Member School Staff