On 18th November 2015, Minister for Education and Training Ms Joy Burch MLA released the ‘Schools for all Children and Young People’ Report, the report of the Expert Panel established by the Minister to review Complex Needs and Challenging Behaviours. The Expert Panel, Chaired by Professor Tony Shaddock, along with Sue Packer and Alasdair Roy, undertook extensive consultation across schools from all three sectors in the ACT, speaking with students, teachers, principals, stakeholder groups and offices, and highlighted the great work currently being done in schools for students with complex needs and challenging behaviours.
AISACT, the Education Directorate and Catholic Education considered and provided comment to each recommendation. As a body representing 18 Independent Schools that are separate and autonomous organisations, the Association noted the recommendations which included Independent Schools, and will work with individual schools where appropriate to provide information and support in consideration of the recommendations.
- Education Minister Media Release 3 June 2016
- 1st Quarterly Executive Summary March 2016
- 1st Quarterly Report to the Oversight Group March 2016
- Schools for All Oversight Group 2nd Quarterly Executive Summary
- Association of Independent Schools of the ACT Quarterly Report
- Schools for All Executive Summary 3rd Quarter Reports
- Schools for All Association of Independent Schools of the ACT 3rd Quarter Reports
- Schools for All Executive Summary 4th Quarter Reports
- Schools for All Association of Independent Schools of the ACT 4th Quarter Reports
2016 End of Year Report