The Teacher Education Ministerial Advisory Group Report was released on 13 February 2015.
The Report focuses on changes to initial teacher education that are practical and achievable. The proposed reforms centre on five themes:
- Stronger quality assurance of teacher education courses
- Rigorous selection for entry to teacher education courses
- Improved and structured practical experience for teacher education students
- Robust assessment of graduates to ensure classroom readiness
- National research and workforce planning capabilities
The Advisory Group’s 38 recommendations seek to achieve improvements in both the content and delivery of initial teacher education courses in Australia.
The report Action Now: Classroom Ready Teachers Report can be found here: http://docs.education.gov.au/node/36783
The Australian Government has considered the Action Now: Classroom Ready Teachers Report and released its response. The Teacher Education Ministerial Advisory Group – Australian Government Response was released on 13 February 2015 and is available to download here: http://docs.education.gov.au/node/36789