Support Resources for students and families
Edited on April 09, 2020
- The Australian Psychological Society tips for coping with coronavirus anxiety.
- The World Health Organisation has developed this infographic with helpful recommendations
- Emerging Minds have developed a video Talking to children about difficult eventsincluding how to manage media coverage.
- Psychological First Aid for children is an internationally accepted strategy that can be used anytime to provide basic steps in responding to children in distress
- Headspace also provides good advice about how to cope with stress related to COVID-19 for young people.
- The Student Wellbeing Toolkit provides online resources to support student wellbeing.
- Beyond Bluehave great ideas on looking after your wellbeing and supporting others.
- Mind, a UK based organisation, covers different ways to look after your own mental health and that of your family and be prepared for a range of outcomes including isolation during COVID-19. Visit the ‘Support for Students and Families’ page for more information on the range of supports available
- Kids Help Line https://kidshelpline.com.au/
- Lifeline https://www.lifeline.org.au/
- Youth Beyond Blue https://www.youthbeyondblue.com/